The 11th annual Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament is back again and this time it's April 3-4. You can watch or participate as people of all ages fish for the largest trout. This event attracts many locals as well as tourists to see who will win the grand prize. The tournament will start on Saturday, April 3, at sunrise and will end at 4pm. On Sunday, the tournament will start at sunrise and end at 2 pm.
Now don't forget that you still have to abide by all the Gatlinburg and state of Tennessee fishing laws. Here are the rules for the Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament:
- One hand held rod with a single hook with a limit of 5 fish.
- No fishing on the Friday before the tournament and no fishing after tournament hours on Saturday and Sunday
- Only trout will be weighed and must be 7 inches long.
- Only registed fisherman can participate in this event.
- Total weight of the trout for the two days will determine the winner.
The rivers of the Smoky Mountain National Park will be stocked with trout. There are over 20 miles of streams and 10,000 trout will be put into those rivers. Get in on this trout tournament for a chance to win $500 for the largest trout or $500 for the smallest, trophies, gift certificates, fishing equipment, amusement passes and much more. Over $10,000 in cash and prizes will be given away. Anyone can enjoy this event, just make sure you're in town between April 3-4!
For more information about the trout tournament please visit www.rockytopoutfitter.com.